Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Sent in by Judy Anderson
Make and share this Asian Slaw recipe from Food.com.
- Crush the noodles and set aside.
- Combine cabbage and carrots in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle the almonds, sunflower seeds and green onions over all.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil, vinegar and the seasoning packets from the noodles - omit the chili powder portion.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture - mix, cover and chill.
- Just before serving, mix in the crushed noodles.
I used rice vinegar and toasted sesame seeds also! Very satisfying, chewy dish!
Made for New Kids on the Block tag game. I cut the recipe in half for DH and I. I did toast the ramen noodles with the slivered almonds for more flavor. Since I toasted them together I just added them all together in the salad (we were going to eat it right away anyway). I also added a few more green onions (love onions) and added about 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil (since the salad is named Asian Slaw). Delicious! Definately a keeper in my Favorites of 2011. Thank you.