Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My friend passed this recipe on to me.... whenever she brings it to our get togethers it goes really fast! If you are taking this with you to a party you can keep the dressing in a separate container and mix it into your salad right before serving.
- 1 (16 ounce) package Coleslaw
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, oriental flavor
- 3 scallions
- 1 (2 ounce) package sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package of the ramen seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Sautee almonds and sesame seeds until lightly brown.
- Place first 5 ingredients in bowl, breaking up ramen noodles. Set aside. Reserve seasoning packet for dressing.
- Mix dressing ingredients.
- Toss salad with dressing just before serving.
Definitely a good alternative to mayo based. Nice blend of flavors. If you make this I suggest toasting the almonds and seeds per instructions, it really makes the dish.
Good slaw - a nice alternative to regular cole slaw. I served it two ways - one as written, and the other as a topping for Asian style veggie burgers. It was excellent both ways. I used Oriental Ramen Seasoning Copycat instead of the seasoning packet to reduce the sodium. Thanks for sharing! PAC Fall 09
Used this for a family reunion which was out of my home state. Took all the ingredients prechopped and in plastic bags. I mixed the dressing before I left home and then mixed altogether just before the party. The bowl was empty in 20 minutes-everyone loved it