Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great and very easy to make skirt steak that you just have to marinad, throw on the grill, and then reduce the marinade to use as a dipping sauce. Tons of flavor. Makes sure the grill is very hot, because cooking time is not very long and you want some color on the steak.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs skirt steaks
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch piece gingerroot, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- mix together all ingredients (except steak) in a bowl.
- Place steak in a plastic bag and add the marinade and refrigerate for half hour to and hour.
- Heat the grill to screaming hot and add the steak (reserve the marinade). depending on thickness, grill for about 3 minutes on the first side, and 2 and a half on the second.
- Set the steak aside and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour the remaining marinade into a small sauce pan. Bring mixture up to a boil and let simmer for just a couple of minutes.
- slice the steak and serve with the dipping sauce.
This recipe was easy and excellent. My family really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting!
I have made this steak 3 times in the past 2 weeks. The first time i made it, was for myself only, and i ended up going out to buy the same steak 2 days in a row.. oh so delish!
I have a similar recipe called "Ginger Skirt Steak" but instead of the honey, it calls for 2 tbsp. sugar, no oil, instead of the vinegar it calls for 1/2 cup dry red wine and ad addition of a dash of Tabasco sauce. At adds the zest of the lime too. Just adding this here as a variation.