Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Parent's Magazine, May 2006. Haven't tried it yet but should be a kid pleaser and sounds easy.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown on both sides, then transfer to a plate.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoons oil and cook garlic, ginger, and green onions for 1 minute.
- Return chicken to the pan and add broth, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer 30 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
We thought this was just okay. I think it needed something more, not sure what. Smelled awesome, only tasted okay.
I love this great recipe, not only did my kids love it but my hubby asked for seconds!! Thanks for posting