Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
As a chinese-food-aholic, I'm constantly in search of low carb alternatives. I've tried cauliflower fried rice, and just could not get around the texture, so rather than trying to fill a void with poor alternatives, I decided to make something just as good - but different. The recipe is intended as a simple BASE recipe, add whatever you like. Keep in mind, the flavor comes from the Sesame oil, and the soy sauce. Those ingredients are non-negotiable.
- Heat pan over medium heat.
- Add oil.
- Swirl to coat (assuming a standard frying pan).
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add entire bag of coleslaw mix, soy sauce. Cook until cabbage is tender-crisp.
- Top with your favorite Asian inspired protein and enjoy! Yep, that's it and it's yummy.
This was good. I added some fresh sliced mushrooms as well as some sliced zucchini since they were in the fridge. I topped ours with some vegan mandarin chik'n.
I used this as my starting point. I added chicken and udon noodles. I also added another tablespoon of soy sauce and sesame oil because it didn't look like it would cover everything once it was all together. My DD didn't think there was enough sauce but DH and I thought it was the perfect amount as it just cover everything. This was speedy dinner and I will be making it again. I made it for Spring PAC 2011.