Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Food & Wine
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp (split lengthwise)
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas
- 1 medium jicama, peeled and cut into matchsticks (3/4 pound)
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- lemon wedge, for serving
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over high heat. Add half of the shrimp and sauté until opaque and just cooked through, about 3 minutes; transfer to a large plate.
- Repeat with another 1 tablespoon of oil and the remaining shrimp; let cool.
- In a blender, combine the oyster sauce with the vinegar, mustard, ginger and garlic and puree.
- With the blender on, gradually add the remaining 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the snow peas and cook until bright green, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Drain the snow peas, refresh under cold water and pat dry.
- In a serving bowl, combine the snow peas, jicama, peppers, onion and shrimp. Add the dressing, toss well and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle on the cilantro and serve with lemon wedges.