Asian Shrimp Salad With Snow Peas
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over high heat. Add half of the shrimp and sauté until opaque and just cooked through, about 3 minutes; transfer to a large plate.
- Repeat with another 1 tablespoon of oil and the remaining shrimp; let cool.
- In a blender, combine the oyster sauce with the vinegar, mustard, ginger and garlic and puree.
- With the blender on, gradually add the remaining 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the snow peas and cook until bright green, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Drain the snow peas, refresh under cold water and pat dry.
- In a serving bowl, combine the snow peas, jicama, peppers, onion and shrimp. Add the dressing, toss well and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle on the cilantro and serve with lemon wedges.