This is the easiest of salads to prepare and it's healthy too with lots of fresh veggies and no oil. I think it tastes best if you let it marinate in the dressing for an hour or so but you can serve it right away as well. If you like a bit of kick, add some chopped hot chili peppers.
- 250 g thick long egg noodles (like those used in a chinese stir fry - I use Sharwood's)
- 500 g cooked shrimp, tails and shells removed
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped or cut into slivers
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped or cut into rounds
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- mint sprig, for garnish
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime, juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili paste or 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder (these will give two very different tastes)
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Drain, rinse and let cool completely.
- In large serving bowl, combine shrimp, bean sprouts, carrot, red pepper, zucchini, green onions, mint, coriander and cooled noodles.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together, pour over the salad and toss to coat evenly.
- Garnish with mint sprigs.
Wow! What a flavor sensation you get with this salad. Your taste buds don't know what to think! Loved it! Thanks for posting. Barb