This is really good. Use large, fresh shrimp for best results (peel before cooking). This comes from one of my favorite diet cookbooks, modified to our tastes. Serve over brown rice for a delicious and complete meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 teaspoons peanut oil
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 lb shrimp, fresh and shelled
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning (I use Tony Cachere's)
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or one tablespoon fresh)
- salt and pepper
- 1Place shrimp in bowl and mix well to coat with creole seasoning.
- 2Heat two teaspoons of oil in large skillet on medium high heat. Add mushrooms, scallions, pepper, and garlic. Saute 5 to 7 minutes, until tender.
- 3Add shrimp and rest of the oil. Add wine, red pepper, and basil. Cook until shrimp is cooked (pink and firm), stirring constantly.
- 4Serve over brown rice and enjoy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Shrimp & Mushroom Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.9
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 220.8 mg
- Sodium 263.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 26.0 g