Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Yes, I know...microwave dishes can sometimes be good and sometimes be bad, but this was delicious, not to mention easy. This came together quick and was very filling. You'll want to keep this recipe handy for a fast meal when you've worked all day and dear husband is the chef. It's easy enough for him!
- 1 (12 ounce) packagepre- cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (18 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 tablespoons sesame ginger salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (use lite if you like)
- 2 (8 7/8 ounce) quick-cooking long grain and wild rice mix (I like Uncle Ben's ready rice for the microwave)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the shrimp and vegetables. Microwave until thawed, 3-5 minutes, stirring half way through the cooking time.
- Stir in dressing and soy sauce and microwave on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3-5 minutes. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat the rice according to package directions. Portion into 4 serving bowls. Add the cilantro to the shrimp mixture. Portion and place on top of the rice.