Redneck Epicurean's Note:
Yes, I know...microwave dishes can sometimes be good and sometimes be bad, but this was delicious, not to mention easy. This came together quick and was very filling. You'll want to keep this recipe handy for a fast meal when you've worked all day and dear husband is the chef. It's easy enough for him!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package pre- cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (18 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 tablespoons sesame ginger salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (use lite if you like)
- 2 (8 7/8 ounce) quick-cooking long grain and wild rice mix (I like Uncle Ben's ready rice for the microwave)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the shrimp and vegetables. Microwave until thawed, 3-5 minutes, stirring half way through the cooking time.
- 2Stir in dressing and soy sauce and microwave on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3-5 minutes. Cover to keep warm.
- 3Heat the rice according to package directions. Portion into 4 serving bowls. Add the cilantro to the shrimp mixture. Portion and place on top of the rice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Shrimp Bowl With Rice
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.0
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 165.7 mg
- Sodium 340.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 22.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sesame ginger salad dressing
quick-cooking long grain and wild rice mix