Member #610488's Note:
This Asian inspired salad is easy to prepare and can also be made a day ahead and served chilled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 3/4 lb medium raw shrimp
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled seeded sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 1/2 lb buckwheat noodle, cooked drained rinsed in cold water (soba)
- 1Bring a quart of water to a boil. Drop in the bean sprouts. When the water returns to the boil, remove the sprouts with a slotted spoon, drain them and set aside.
- 2Add the shrimp to the boiling water. When the water returns to a full boil, the shrimp will have turned pink. Remove shrimp and drain. As soon as the shrimp are cool enough to handle, shell, devein and slice them in half lengthwise.
- 3Combine shrimp, bean sprouts and cucumbers and mix with ginger, scallions, coriander, sherry, vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce and hot chili oil.
- 4Place cooled, drained noodles in a bowl, toss with the shrimp mixture and serve. Can also be made the day before and served chilled.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Shrimp and Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.7
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 214.5 mg
- Sodium 1138.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 25.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot chili oil