Recipe by Member #610488
This Asian inspired salad is easy to prepare and can also be made a day ahead and served chilled.
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 3⁄4 lb medium raw shrimp
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled seeded sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 1⁄2 lb buckwheat noodle, cooked drained rinsed in cold water (soba)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a quart of water to a boil. Drop in the bean sprouts. When the water returns to the boil, remove the sprouts with a slotted spoon, drain them and set aside.
- Add the shrimp to the boiling water. When the water returns to a full boil, the shrimp will have turned pink. Remove shrimp and drain. As soon as the shrimp are cool enough to handle, shell, devein and slice them in half lengthwise.
- Combine shrimp, bean sprouts and cucumbers and mix with ginger, scallions, coriander, sherry, vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce and hot chili oil.
- Place cooled, drained noodles in a bowl, toss with the shrimp mixture and serve. Can also be made the day before and served chilled.