Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a nice hot weather main dish salad that is very easy to prepare. Feel free to add any of your favorite veges. The cooking time does not reflect the time it would take to cook the chicken breasts.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green cabbage
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients.
- Add chicken and let stand 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage, celery, onion, and cilantro.
- Chill at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Toss now and then.
I really loved this salad, it is so healthy and flavorful. I thought the ginger would be too much but it was perfectly seasoned. I used Recipe #33104 for the chicken and it worked perfectly in this salad. Next time I will add more crunch to the salad...maybe snow peas, chow mein noodles or peanuts at the last minute. I also added sliced red peppers to it as well. Great salad on a 90 degree night!!
I made half a recipe and it was Oh so good. Served with Recipe #154765.
EASY! Great use for left over shredded chicken. I used splenda instead of sugar, ginger powder instead of ginger and scallions instead of onions. Peanuts would be great in this salad, I used Trader Joes Thai Chili lime cashews b/c that's what we had- SO good. This would also be great with red peppers and mandarin oranges like another poster mentioned.