Recipe by Normaone
This is a nice hot weather main dish salad that is very easy to prepare. Feel free to add any of your favorite veges. The cooking time does not reflect the time it would take to cook the chicken breasts.
Top Review by Jules127
I really loved this salad, it is so healthy and flavorful. I thought the ginger would be too much but it was perfectly seasoned. I used Recipe #33104 for the chicken and it worked perfectly in this salad. Next time I will add more crunch to the salad...maybe snow peas, chow mein noodles or peanuts at the last minute. I also added sliced red peppers to it as well. Great salad on a 90 degree night!!
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green cabbage
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped cilantro