1/3 Photos of Asian Short Ribs With Carrots and Rice
2 hrs 20 mins
1 hr 45 mins
Tasty, tender meat in Asian sauce. I suppose stew meat could be used if short ribs are not available.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless beef short ribs, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups dry sherry
- 1/4 cup plum sauce or 1/4 cup plum jam
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 3 cups cooked rice (hot)
- 1In a large Dutch oven heat 1 tbls. of the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic; sauté until soft, about 10 minutes. Remove the onions from the pan and heat the remaining oil. Brown the beef in 2 batches; remove from pan.
- 2Put the onions back into pan and add tomatoes, sherry, plum and hoisin sauces, the salt, pepper, and hot pepper flakes. Simmer the sauce for 10 minutes. Add the beef, cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Uncover and continue cooking 30 minutes.
- 3While short ribs are cooking, prepare the carrots. Bring a pan of water to boil, add the carrots and cook 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
- 4Add the carrots to the meat and continue to cook 15 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve meat and sauce over the hot rice.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Short Ribs With Carrots and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (486 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1017.5
- Calories from Fat 667
- Total Fat 74.1 g
- Saturated Fat 30.3 g
- Cholesterol 143.8 mg
- Sodium 469.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 31.0 g