Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Made this for dinner last night, it was so good! Everyone loved it.
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 (10 fluid ounce) can mandarin oranges, well drained, juice reserved
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1⁄2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled and julienned jicama
- pepper, to taste
- To make dressing, combine rice vinegar, soy sauce, canola oil, sesame oil, sugar and dry mustard in a jar or bottle. Shake to combine.
- Marinate chicken in reserved mandarin orange juice for 30 minutes. Cook chicken with lemon juice in a non-stick pan over medium heat until no longer pink, approximately 5-7 minutes. Add pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, toss mixed greens, onion slices, jicama, mandarin oranges and sesame seeds with dressing. Add cooked chicken. Serve immediately.
- Variation: Substitute 3/4 - 1 lb. (350 - 500 grams) cooked shrimp for chicken.