Recipe by bmcnichol
A side dish my family enjoys.
Top Review by Feelah_the_tigress
This turned out excellent! I have a real love of roasted veggies, and I'm glad I found yet another vegetable that works well roasted. I followed the recipe entirely, except that I added in powdered garlic and I added the soy sauce before the 5 minute baking part rather than after. Oh, and it ended up taking me 40 minutes to roast the green beans since I doubled the recipe. Other than that, though, no changes and it was delicious!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs green beans, cleaned and trimmed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix beans with olive oil and place in 13x9 pan.
- Bake at 450º until beans are slightly browned and tender when pierced- about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Stir sesame seeds and sesame oil into beans and continue baking until seeds are golden brown, about 5 minutes longer.
- Pour into a bowl and add soy sauce to taste.
- Mix well and enjoy!