Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Do not let the noodles sit in the sauce toss the complete salad together just before serving --- to save some time the dressing and/or the pasta can be prepared a day in advance --- you can add in your favorite veggies to the salad if desired, the amounts may be doubled to yield 6-8 -- this is very good!
- 118.29 ml smooth peanut butter
- 59.14 ml tamari (or use soy sauce)
- 78.07 ml warm water
- 29.58 ml peeled fresh ginger, chopped
- 4.92 ml fresh minced garlic
- 29.58 ml rice wine vinegar (or use red wine vinegar)
- 22.18 ml sesame oil
- 14.78 ml honey
- 2.46 ml crushed chili pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 340.19 g linguine (or use vermicelli or thin spaghetti)
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thick strips
- 59.14 ml toasted sesame seeds
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender; drain and rinse well under COLD water, then toss with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, transfer to a large bowl, then add in the red bell pepper and green onions.
- Using a blender puree all the dressing ingredients until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Just before serving pour the dressing over the cooked pasta and veggies, then add in the toasted sesame seeds; toss well to combine.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions if desired and serve.
I am literally cooking a double batch right now and I only get to eat half! This has become our requested dish for every party we attend. I add shredded carrots and thinly cut seedless cucumber. The sauce is what really makes it though. Great recipe.
I have tried several peanut butter noodle recipes, and this is the one I like best! We omit the bell pepper because DH doesn't like it, but they are still extremely tasty. Love this as a side dish to my Asian Flank Steak. Thanks!
I made this for DD to take in her lunches and she loves it. I omitted the green onions but otherwise followed the recipe using vermicelli noodles. Thanks for posting.