Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Do not let the noodles sit in the sauce toss the complete salad together just before serving --- to save some time the dressing and/or the pasta can be prepared a day in advance --- you can add in your favorite veggies to the salad if desired, the amounts may be doubled to yield 6-8 -- this is very good!
Top Review by Shylocke
I am literally cooking a double batch right now and I only get to eat half! This has become our requested dish for every party we attend. I add shredded carrots and thinly cut seedless cucumber. The sauce is what really makes it though. Great recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup tamari (or use soy sauce)
- 1⁄3 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons peeled fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (or use red wine vinegar)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed chili pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 3⁄4 lb linguine (or use vermicelli or thin spaghetti)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thick strips
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender; drain and rinse well under COLD water, then toss with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, transfer to a large bowl, then add in the red bell pepper and green onions.
- Using a blender puree all the dressing ingredients until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Just before serving pour the dressing over the cooked pasta and veggies, then add in the toasted sesame seeds; toss well to combine.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions if desired and serve.