Sister found this on the internet and sent it to me.
Make and share this Asian Sesame-Cucumber Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Peel and seed cucumbers and cut on the diagonal into thin slices.
- Toss the cucumber pieces with kosher salt, transfer to a colander, and let drain for 1 hour.
- Toast white sesame seeds in a dry skillet until they’re golden brown.
- Whisk together rice wine vinegar, toasted sesame oil, sugar, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Rinse the cucumber slices thoroughly under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Toss the cucumbers with the dressing and toasted sesame seeds and serve.
Excellent! I really am not a cucumber fan and I still loved this recipe. I "sweat" the cucumbers for 2 hours. I also added minced red bell pepper(about 2 Tbs.) and a few toasted sesame seeds. Thanks for the recipe.
A very easy and tasty cucumber salad. I used 2 large english cucumbers but started dinner to late to let them sit in the salt. Nice refreshing flavor and enjoyed the bite from the red pepper flakes. Used 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and at first thought it would be to overpowering but it worked nicely after chilling in the refrigerator. Thank you Charlotte for sharing this recipe!