Recipe by Charlotte J
Sister found this on the internet and sent it to me.
Top Review by mmhartnagel
Excellent! I really am not a cucumber fan and I still loved this recipe. I "sweat" the cucumbers for 2 hours. I also added minced red bell pepper(about 2 Tbs.) and a few toasted sesame seeds. Thanks for the recipe.
- 3 cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and seed cucumbers and cut on the diagonal into thin slices.
- Toss the cucumber pieces with kosher salt, transfer to a colander, and let drain for 1 hour.
- Toast white sesame seeds in a dry skillet until they’re golden brown.
- Whisk together rice wine vinegar, toasted sesame oil, sugar, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Rinse the cucumber slices thoroughly under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Toss the cucumbers with the dressing and toasted sesame seeds and serve.