Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
looks nice to sprinkle on chicken & fish.
Make and share this Asian Sea Salt recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 150°C Place the lime leaves, Sichuan peppercorns, Chinese five spice and salt in a mortar and pound with a pestle until coarsely crushed.
- Transfer to a baking tray. Bake in oven for 5 minutes or until dry. Set aside to cool completely.
- Notes & tips.
- Make a kebab kit by packaging tiny bags of flavoured sea salt with bamboo skewers. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place for up to 3 months.
- Variations: Chilli-herb sea salt - Replace the kaffir lime leaves, Sichuan peppercorns and Chinese five spice with 1 tbs chopped fresh thyme, 2 tsp dried oregano and 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes.
- Citrus sea salt - Replace the kaffir lime leaves, Sichuan peppercorns and Chinese five spice with the finely grated rind from 1 orange, 1 lemon and 1 1/2 limes.