looks nice to sprinkle on chicken & fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 150°C Place the lime leaves, Sichuan peppercorns, Chinese five spice and salt in a mortar and pound with a pestle until coarsely crushed.
- 2Transfer to a baking tray. Bake in oven for 5 minutes or until dry. Set aside to cool completely.
- 3Notes & tips.
- 4Make a kebab kit by packaging tiny bags of flavoured sea salt with bamboo skewers. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place for up to 3 months.
- 5Variations: Chilli-herb sea salt - Replace the kaffir lime leaves, Sichuan peppercorns and Chinese five spice with 1 tbs chopped fresh thyme, 2 tsp dried oregano and 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes.
- 6Citrus sea salt - Replace the kaffir lime leaves, Sichuan peppercorns and Chinese five spice with the finely grated rind from 1 orange, 1 lemon and 1 1/2 limes.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Sea Salt
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves
Chinese five spice powder
flaked sea salt