Asian Scallop and Snap Pea Salad
- To prepare dressing, heat oil in a small sauce pan over med heat, add ginger; sauté 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and red pepper, cook 1 minute more. Stir in oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar and salt bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat, cool.
- Sautee the mushrooms in a little broth, wine or water just until cooked.
- To prepare the salad, steam or cook peas in boiling water 30 seconds. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Combine blanched peas and remaining ingredients except sesame seeds.
- Drizzle dressing over salad, toss well. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Heat saute pan until hot. Sear Scallops 4 minutes on each side.