Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
My Thai mother used to saute potato leaves in this same manner and it was absolutely delicious. I have a harder time now finding this delicacy, but sometimes do see it at my local farmer's market. If you ever happen to see some, pick it up and substitute it for the spinach in this recipe. They are tasty and tender, with a balanced flavor, and are not bitter at all.
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon yellow bean sauce
- Wash, trim, and throughly dry spinach.
- In a large pan or wok, add oil and saute garlic over medium high heat until just golden.
- Add spinach and yellow bean sauce, tossing to combine.
- Cook until spinach is wilted.
- Serve hot.
- I like to serve this the way my mother did with hot steamed jasmine rice.