Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This also can be served as an appetizer using Rice Paper Wrappers available in Asian grocery stores. When using the wraps, recipe makes sufficient filling for 12 to 15 appetizer size wraps.
- 1 lb bulk hot pork sausage
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄3 cup prepared hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot Chinese mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup hot cooked white rice
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely diced green onions
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Remove sausage from package; crumble into large skillet and cook, stirring to break up over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- Heat tortillas as directed on package.
- To make Chinese catsup: in a small saucepan, blend together hoisin sauce, mustard, ginger root and garlic; place over medium heat, stirring just until hot and well-blended.
- Spread over warmed tortillas.
- Toss together cooked and crumbled sausage, rice and pine nuts, divide equally among the four tortillas.
- Sprinkle with green onions and lettuce.
- Fold sides over filling, then fold bottom up over filling and continue rolling to enclose.