This also can be served as an appetizer using Rice Paper Wrappers available in Asian grocery stores. When using the wraps, recipe makes sufficient filling for 12 to 15 appetizer size wraps.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb bulk hot pork sausage
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/3 cup prepared hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot Chinese mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup hot cooked white rice
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely diced green onions
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1Remove sausage from package; crumble into large skillet and cook, stirring to break up over medium heat until lightly browned.
- 2Drain well on paper towels.
- 3Heat tortillas as directed on package.
- 4To make Chinese catsup: in a small saucepan, blend together hoisin sauce, mustard, ginger root and garlic; place over medium heat, stirring just until hot and well-blended.
- 5Spread over warmed tortillas.
- 6Toss together cooked and crumbled sausage, rice and pine nuts, divide equally among the four tortillas.
- 7Sprinkle with green onions and lettuce.
- 8Fold sides over filling, then fold bottom up over filling and continue rolling to enclose.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Sausage Wraps With Chinese Catsup
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 781.2
- Calories from Fat 428
- Total Fat 47.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 86.9 mg
- Sodium 1625.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 25.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: