Recipe by Tisme
My family are all on a health kick at the moment. I saw this on television ( Everyday Gourmet) and thought the family might enjoy this. It looked such a simple and easy recipe to make, so this will also be great for making after a hard day at work.
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 (2 cm) cube peeled fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 4 (170 g) center-cut skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large bok choy, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips (about 7 cups)
- 115 g mushrooms, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- To make marinade, combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl. Arrange salmon in a glass baking dish spoon marinade on top and let it marinade for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 500°F, (260°c). Arrange fish, with some marinade still clinging, on rimmed baking sheet. Transfer any extra marinade in the dish to small saucepan. Roast fish until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Bring marinade in saucepan to boil; set aside and reserve for glaze.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large non stick skillet over high heat. Add bok choy and mushrooms. Stir-fry until mushrooms are tender and bok choy is wilted, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide vegetables among plates. Top with salmon. Brush fish with glaze.