Recipe by Starfire (aka Wendy)
Wonderful for your Nu-Wave Oven
Top Review by rockytuesday
My husband cooked this in our Nu-Wave Oven. Simple & delicious! He didn't have time to let the mixture soak for 30 min. It was still great. Next time we'll try the proper marinade time. Asparagus was crisp tender, and the sesame oil/seeds added interest. This recipe is definitely going into our regular rotation.
- 12 ounces salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 slices fresh ginger or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 dash sesame seeds
- 5 asparagus spears
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix hoisen, soy, ginger, and garlic.
- Place half of mixture on plate and place salmon, skin side up on mixture.
- Refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Spray cooking rack with non-stick spray and place filets skin side down on 4" rack.
- Baste once more with left over mixture on top and sides.
- Nu-Wave on HI for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly brush asparagus with sesame oil and sprinkle on sesame seeds.
- Place around salmon on 4" rack and continue for 5 more minutes (or until both are done.