Recipe by Julie B's Hive
Created for salmon but also works well with chicken. From a supermarket handout. NOTE: If using bamboo skewers soak for about 30 minutes.
Top Review by The Flying Chef
We loved this salmon recipe and it was oh so easy to put together with a truly wonderful end result. I have never served salmon with a peanut butter sauce before but it was delicious. I threaded the salmon onto large metal skewers and BBQ'd them, yum, yum and yum!!! I made the peanut sauce with the addition of the hot sauce and tasted it and it was excellent, but I wanted some more heat so also added chili flakes to it and good squirt of sweet chili sauce. I served ours with a mixed green salad and some crusty bread and it was a really wonderful meal. Thanks Julie for a great new recipe that we will be enjoying again this summer.
PEANUT BUTTER SAUCE
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 22.18 ml fresh ginger, minced
- 236.59 ml chunky peanut butter
- 0.19 ml hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 177.44 ml warm water
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 22.18 ml sesame oil
- 14.79 ml fresh ginger, minced
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 2.46 ml hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 59.14 ml orange juice
- 14.79 ml lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 907.18 g salmon fillets, about 1-in thick, cubed
- lime wedge (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- PEANUT BUTTER SAUCE:.
- In a large bowl mix scallions and ginger. Stir in peanut butter, hot pepper sauce if using, water, soy sauce and sesame oil. Taste for seasoning and adjust hot pepper sauce, if desired, to make sauce spicier. Stir until sauce is smooth.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. In a nonreactive bowl, combine ginger, soy sauce, hot pepper sauce, orange juice, lemon juice and scallions. Toss to mix. Add salmon and stir to make sure it's well coated. Thread 3-4 cubes salmon on each skewer and place on baking sheet. Pour any remaining marinade over salmon.
- Let salmon marinate while you heat the grill. Grill salmon 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Serve hot with lime wedges and Peanut Butter Sauce.
- NOTE: Salmon may also be put under a broiler 4 inches from the heat source. Broil 4 minutes on each side.