Recipe by evelyn/athens
Leftover salmon from dinner the night before can be transformed into a tasty Asian salad for lunch the next day. Recipe by Rosie Schwartz, RD and found at lcbo.ca.
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup cucumber, cut into long matchsticks
- 10 ounces grilled salmon, cut into small chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander (optional)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti in boiling water until cooked al dente. Drain.
- In a small bowl, mix together ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and cayenne pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss together spaghetti, carrots, cucumber, salmon and coriander.
- Pour in dressing and toss to coat salad.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.