Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this at the Prevention website. Yummmm
- 1 lb skinless salmon fillet (cut into chunks)
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons ginger
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 4 whole grain buns, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup Baby Spinach
- 1. Put salmon, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, soy sauce, oil, scallions, and 2 tablespoons of the ginger in food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Form into 4 equal (3" diameter) patties. Sprinkle tops with sesame seeds.
- 2.Heat large nonstick frying pan coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Put patties sesame-seed-side down in pan. Cook 5 minutes. Flip and cook until done, 5 minutes longer.
- 3.Serve burgers on buns and top with spinach and remaining 2 tablespoons pickled ginger.
This was a nice variation on the typical salmon patties. Instead of using the spinach, I topped the burgers with an Asian cole Slaw, like Asian Cole Slaw, and I used pita pockets instead of buns.