Recipe by TigerJo~
This is very quick to prepare; I have marinated the salmon for as little as 1/2 an hour, yet it has plenty of flavor. For ease of preparation, we buy individually portioned salmon from a big-box store. We prefer to grill it on our indoor contact because it's SO quick. I've used straight brown sugar, Splenda Brown Sugar Blend, and straight Splenda - and they all work very well. But I think the brown sugar or the brown sugar blend will give you a little better color.
- 4 (4 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar, packed (or sugar substitute)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together olive oil, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, pressed garlic, pepper, and minced onion; Pour marinade over salmon; cover and refrigerate at least 1/2hr, or up to two hours.
- If using an indoor contact grill: after pre-heating, grill salmon on lowest setting for four minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- If using a conventional oven: Preheat oven to 350°; bake salmon, uncovered, for 15-18 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork.