Recipe by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
Very tasty! This salad makes 2 generous servings and is a great light meal in itself. You can use it as a side salad if you omit chicken.
- 1 chicken breast, cooked
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 apple, with peels, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 red sweet bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 yellow sweet bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce, substitute iceberg
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup chow mein noodles
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 scallion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Poach or bake chicken until no longer pink, cool and shred. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine carrots, apples, bell peppers and lettuce in a large bowl, add chicken, set aside.
- Dressing: Combine & whisk together until smooth: peanut oil, peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, curry paste.
- Before serving lightly dress salad until evenly coated. Served unused dressing at the table.
- Serve up on plates, sprinkle with crushed peanuts, green onions and crunchy chow mein noodles.