Recipe by twissis
SusieQusie & I are in "Recipe Exchange Mode" these dys. Aware of our fondness for oriental cuisine & that my sister (Kathy) often shares her oriental recipes w/me, SQ passed this 1 along to me & acknowledged her source as Graham Kerr who said "This is a low-fat tart/sweet dressing or marinade w/distinctive Asian flavors." Thx SQ! (Time does not include time for dressing to chill)
Top Review by KateL
This was very tasty, and was only 1 point under WW Points Plus! This set off a huge salad with a bang of flavor, and this would be an easy way to give any stir-fry a Chinese flair!. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove (crushed & finely minced)
- 3 slices fresh ginger (quarter size, very finely minced)
- 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or equal amt Splenda Granular)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over med heat in a sml pan. Add garlic + ginger & cook 1 minute.
- Stir chicken broth, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sugar (or Splenda), salt & cornstarch together in a sml bowl.
- Add to the pan & heat till mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat & chill.
- Serving Suggestions: Serve over salad greens, steamed oriental veggies or use as a marinade for meat or seafood in oriental dishes as desired.