Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This salad is a great side dish for grilled Teriyaki chicken, pork or beef. Last night, we ran out of gas for our grill, so I made Crispy Panko Pork Chops #87166 by Marie (very good!!), using the pork tenderloin I planned to grill, cut into 1/2" medallions. I have to say we almost liked the salad better with this than the Teriyaki. I digress, sorry - this salad has many unique flavors and textures to please everyone's palate. Enjoy!!
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, crushed
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Melt butter in a medium skillet on low heat.
- Add ramen noodles, almonds and sesame seeds.
- Cook, stirring often, until golden brown.
- Remove from heat, cool.
- In a small saucepan bring oil, sugar and vinegar to a boil for one minute.
- Stir in soy sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, onions, noodles and soy sauce mixture.
- Toss well.
- Serve NOTE: The prep time does not include the cool down time for the noodles and oil/vinegar/sugar mixtures.
- This salad is best served at room temperature.
Really good! My friend Ilona gave me this exact recipe years ago after I complimented her on the salad! Using all the butter definitely isn't necessary.
Since trying this super simple recipe, we've made it 3 times in a month for guests! A delicious crowd pleaser! I call it Candy Salad :)
We LOVE this recipe. I have made it several times and can not get enough. SO So soooooo good!!!