Recipe by erinn in tbay
We are addicted to this salad! It goes very well with sushi or as a meal itself with grilled chicken on top. This is one of my most requested recipes.
Top Review by moxie
Erinn, this is just fabulous!!!!! I made a double-batch of the dressing and marinated some chicken tenders in it overnight, then grilled them and added them --what a wonderful light meal!!! I wanted it a little lighter, so I added just 1 ounce of oil to the dressing. It's so flavorful, I never missed the fat. Thank you so much for sharing what is sure to be a regular meal in our family.
- 3 ounces rice vinegar
- 1 ounce Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 7 ounces vegetable oil
- romaine lettuce or lettuce
- carrot, peeled and cut into slivers
- celery, slivered
- bean sprouts
- red peppers or green pepper, sliced
- slivered almonds or chopped peanuts or cashews, toasted
- sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dressing ingredients in a jar and shake.
- Wash and tear lettuce into a bowl, add carrots, peppers, celery to bowl and toss.
- Put dressing and bowl on table with bean sprouts, nuts and sesame seeds in individual bowls and tell your guests to create their own salad.