A light, flavourful, and easy summer salad from Martha Stewart. For a salad with the best texture, shred the chicken instead of cubing it. The technique is simple: Holding a fork, tines down, in each hand, pull the meat into pieces along the grain.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves, and soft stems
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) rotisserie chicken, skin and bones removed, meat shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 medium red cabbage, cored and thinly sliced crosswise (8 ounces)
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced (ribs and seeds removed)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1Make dressing: In a blender, combine cilantro, lime juice, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- 2In a large bowl, combine chicken, cabbage, bell pepper, and scallions; season with salt and pepper. In another large bowl, toss lettuce with 1/2 cup dressing.
- 3Divide among four bowls, and top with chicken mixture. Drizzle all with remaining dressing, and sprinkle with cashews.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Rotisserie Chicken Salad (Martha Stewart)
Serving Size: 1 (583 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 648.3
- Calories from Fat 434
- Total Fat 48.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 129.3 mg
- Sodium 262.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 38.0 g