Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A light, flavourful, and easy summer salad from Martha Stewart. For a salad with the best texture, shred the chicken instead of cubing it. The technique is simple: Holding a fork, tines down, in each hand, pull the meat into pieces along the grain.
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves, and soft stems
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) rotisserie chicken, skin and bones removed, meat shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1⁄4 medium red cabbage, cored and thinly sliced crosswise (8 ounces)
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced (ribs and seeds removed)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- Make dressing: In a blender, combine cilantro, lime juice, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cabbage, bell pepper, and scallions; season with salt and pepper. In another large bowl, toss lettuce with 1/2 cup dressing.
- Divide among four bowls, and top with chicken mixture. Drizzle all with remaining dressing, and sprinkle with cashews.