Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My own concoction. Hope you enjoy it!
- 3 onions
- 2 bell peppers (any colors)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red chili pepper, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200C/400°F.
- Peel the onion and cut into 8 wedges and place in a large bowl.
- Cut the peppers in half, remove the stem, seeds and white pith. Cut into (approx.) 1" pieces and add to the bowl with the onions.
- In another small bowl, mix the next 7 ingredients (from veggie oil to garlic powder). Add chili peppers, if using.
- Pour the spicy mix over the veggies and mix until well coated.
- Tip out onto a baking sheet and spread the veggies out.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until tender. Toss the veggies around 2 or 3 times while cooking.
Roasting vegetables always makes them taste so good, and this recipe is no exception. I left out the vegetable oil, since the amount of sesame oil was plenty to coat everything. I can't say that I tasted the added ingredients (except for the chili pepper), but it was good!
These are just delicious. A wonderful side where one wants a somewhat sweet vegetable dish. I think it would be a great accompaniment to steak or grilled pork chops! Super easy, colorful with terrific seasoning!