1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 20 mins
From a Cooking Light Everyday Favorites recipe. I have adapted the recipe for OAMC.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry. Trim excess fat. Starting at neck cavity, loosen skin from breast and drumsticks by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat.
- 2Combine soy sauce, ginger, garlic and broth in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Reserve 1/2 cup marinade and place in a smaller zip-top plastic bag.
- 3Place chicken in marinade and seal bag. Place both bags into a larger bag and place in freezer.
- 4To serve: Thaw chicken.
- 5Preheat oven to 375.
- 6Place chicken, breast side up, on rack of a broiler pan or roasting pan.
- 7Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until thermometer in meaty part of thigh registers 180.
- 8Cover chicken loosely with foil and let stand for 10 minuts.
- 9Add 1/2 cup reserved marinade to drippings in pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- 10Pour marinade mixture into a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in sesame oil.
- 11Cut chicken into quarters and drizzle with sauce.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 746.4
- Calories from Fat 464
- Total Fat 51.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 255.3 mg
- Sodium 770.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 64.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth