Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
From a Cooking Light Everyday Favorites recipe. I have adapted the recipe for OAMC.
Make and share this Asian Roasted Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry. Trim excess fat. Starting at neck cavity, loosen skin from breast and drumsticks by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat.
- Combine soy sauce, ginger, garlic and broth in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Reserve 1/2 cup marinade and place in a smaller zip-top plastic bag.
- Place chicken in marinade and seal bag. Place both bags into a larger bag and place in freezer.
- To serve: Thaw chicken.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place chicken, breast side up, on rack of a broiler pan or roasting pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until thermometer in meaty part of thigh registers 180.
- Cover chicken loosely with foil and let stand for 10 minuts.
- Add 1/2 cup reserved marinade to drippings in pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Pour marinade mixture into a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in sesame oil.
- Cut chicken into quarters and drizzle with sauce.