Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I adapted this from another recipe for grilled asparagus. The grill was out of gas, so I decided to try using the oven. I modified the seasonings to reflect my desire to cut the fat content. My company, family and I all loved the results. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs asparagus, tough ends removed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (I used the jarred kind)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, coarse ground, to taste
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lay trimmed asparagus in a rimmed baking sheet. Spread out.
- Drizzle other ingredients evenly over asparagus,.
- Roast in oven for approximately 20 minutes until asparagus are hot, slightly browned, but still somewhat crisp. Check periodically.
Very easy and very tasty. I did use garlic powder instead of garlic salt, because I felt the soy would be salty enough. Made for ZWT 9.
Enjoyable light vegetables side dish, to delicious to be only a side dish. I roasted the asparagus under the broiler for about 12 minutes as the asparagus were quite long but thin! I loved the chopped garlic on it very much! We eat this with chicken cooked in the oven and white rice!
Simple to make, great Asian taste. I did not add garlic salt, used fresh garlic instead. Made for ZWT9.