Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I adapted this from another recipe for grilled asparagus. The grill was out of gas, so I decided to try using the oven. I modified the seasonings to reflect my desire to cut the fat content. My company, family and I all loved the results. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs asparagus, tough ends removed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (I used the jarred kind)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, coarse ground, to taste
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lay trimmed asparagus in a rimmed baking sheet. Spread out.
- Drizzle other ingredients evenly over asparagus,.
- Roast in oven for approximately 20 minutes until asparagus are hot, slightly browned, but still somewhat crisp. Check periodically.
Very easy and very tasty. I did use garlic powder instead of garlic salt, because I felt the soy would be salty enough. Made for ZWT 9.
We really enjoyed this Asian-flavored asparagus. It really complimented our meal tonight. I used thinner asparagus, so I reduced the heat and lessened the roasting time. Will definitely make them again.
Great recipe for asparagus! Like other reviewers, I thought the garlic salt would be overboard, so I used garlic powder. Glad I did because it was definitely salty enough! We will definitely be making these again! Thanks for posting. Made for CQ3, Team Pi Rho Maniacs.