Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Great any time of the year; done in the oven
- 3 lbs pork back ribs
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- Cut ribs into 4 rib sections, place ribs in large saucepan or dutch oven.
- Add water to cover and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour or until ribs are tender.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil.
- Place wire rack in foil-lined pan.
- Spray rack and foil with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine all sauce ingredients, blend well.
- Place ribs on rack, spoon most of the sauce over ribs.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes or until ribs are glazed and hot, basting with remaining sauce every 10 minutes.
- (Ribs can be finished on barbecue).
I made these yesterday. Very Good.
Really very good, but a little bit too sweet for us, hence the 4 stars. I will certainly try this again, adjusting the sauce. Thank you, Derf.
Oh my Gosh! This is our new favorite! We dont quite like it sweet so we reduced the honey to 1 T. and it was just perfect! Will do this again. Thanks for posting!