Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice crunchy salad with a great tangy dressing. To save time, pick up some pre-cooked rotisserie chicken instead of cooking some chicken yourself.
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (12 ounce) bagpre-shredded cabbage (cole slaw type)
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and diced (can use pre-cooked rotisserie chicken)
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1 cup snow pea pods
- 1⁄2 cup slivered carrot
For the Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar (can use Splenda, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- Place crushed ramen noodles, sunflower seeds, and slivered almonds in a large flat-bottomed skillet or your wok.
- Toast over low heat, stirring to keep contents from burning, and removing from heat just when they have started to change color.
- Allow them to cool.
- In a large salad bowl, mix together cabbage, onions, chicken, water chestnuts, snow peas, carrots, and toasted noodles and nuts.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and toss with the salad.
- Serve at once or chill briefly before serving.
WONDERFUL! Received well by all. I used boiled chx thighs since that's what I had on hand. I prefer the breasts so next time....Also added mandarin oranges.TY
I have made this recipe many times and didn't realize that I never posted a review!! For personal taste I have made a few adjusments; I add mushrooms and bamboo shoots instead of carrots and water chestnuts. I plan on making this again soon, since we have fresh cabbage from our garden. Thanks for the great recipe!!