Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My sister-in-law makes this coleslaw and it usually disappears very quickly because it's so light and tasty. It can be a light meal if by adding some chopped and grilled chicken.
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 453.59 g bag coleslaw mix
- 44.37 ml toasted sesame seeds
- 236.59 ml toasted almond
- 85.04 g package chicken-flavored ramen noodles, reserve seasoning packet for dressing
- 59.14 ml oil
- 44.37 ml white vinegar
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- seasoning (reserved packet)
- Crumble ramen noodles and combine with green onions, coleslaw mix, sesame seeds and almonds.
- Mix dressing ingredients (oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and Ramen Noodle flavor packet) in separate bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad mixture.
This is a great recipe. It has nice, complex flavors. I used sesame oil for half of the oil. Let it sit for several hours or overnight. The flavor will be better.
My daughter made this for a Father's barbeque and it just disappeared right before your eyes. Everyone loved it and wanted the recipe. Double the recipes if you want seconds.
Excellent recipe! I took to our friends game night because we have some friends that do not eat meat. Everyone loved it - no leftovers. I also used sesame oil and I would suggest making a few hours ahead of time. The ramen noodles were not as crisp so I may wait to add them 15-30 minutes prior to serving next time.