Recipe by Sharon123
Originally from Better Homes and Gardens, this has been changed to make it vegetarian. I hope you enjoy! Inspiration from delish dish.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans reduced-sodium vegetable broth (about 3-4 cups)
- 1 cup water
- 3 ounces dried udon noodles or 3 ounces soba noodles, broken in half
- sweet red pepper, bias-sliced into bite-size strips
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped firm tofu, chopped into small, bite-sized strips
- 1 cup fresh snow pea pods, halved crosswise (or 1/2 of a 6-ounce package frozen snow pea pods, thawed and halved crosswise)
- 1 carrot, sliced into ribbons using vegetable peeler
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- sriracha hot sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan combine broth and water. Bring to boiling. Add noodles. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 6 minutes.
- Stir in sweet pepper, onions, miso, ginger, and the 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper.
- Add tofu. Return to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 3 minutes. Stir in pea pods. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 minute more or until pea pods are crisp-tender.
- Ladle soup into bowls.
- Garnish with additional crushed red pepper, if desired.
- Serve with sriracha sauce and enjoy!