Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This bright and healthy Asian Quinoa Salad is great for an easy lunch or dinner. It is also great to take to parties! It is always a hit! Adapted from Two peas and their pod.
- 236.59 ml quinoa
- 473.18 ml water
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml chopped red cabbage
- 236.59 ml edamame, shelled and cooked
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml shredded carrot
- 236.59 ml diced cucumber
For the dressing
- 59.14 ml light soy sauce (or tamari sauce)
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 14.79 ml rice wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml chopped green onions
- 59.14 ml chopped cilantro
- 14.79 ml sesame seeds
- 1.23 ml grated ginger
- 0.59 ml red pepper flakes
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Add water, quinoa, and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- Place the quinoa in a large bowl and add the cabbage, edamame, red pepper, carrots, and cucumber. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, green onions, cilantro, sesame seeds, ginger, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa salad and stir to combine.
- Note-Make sure you use tamari for a gluten-free salad, not all soy sauce is gluten-free. This salad is good served at room temperature or chilled.
Just what a whole grain salad should be! Plenty of delicious healthy vegetables and tastes great!