- 3 lbs small red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 of a large red bell pepper, diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and add enough water to cover.
- Add salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until fork-tender; drain. Let cool for 10 minutes, then cut into quarters and place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, soy sauce, brown sugar, and ginger; mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the potatoes, stir in the mayonnaise mixture, and mix well.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.