Recipe by Caroline Cooks
A quick and tasty stir fry for 2. Add any veggies you prefer; this is a do-it-yourself EZ recipe. Created for 2 for 1: Left-overs Challenge in Cooking Photos using leftovers: pork roast and French onion soup.
- 1⁄3 cup tamari (soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- garlic, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup French onion soup (leftover, if you have it)
- 3 tablespoons bottled teriyaki sauce, I use Kikkomen's
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup pork, cooked, cut into 1/2-inch thick by 1-inchcubes and marinated
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 carrot, julienne
- 1 1⁄4 cups broccoli, slaw
- white sesame seeds, for garish
- cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- For Marinade:.
- Combine all ingredients and pour over cooked pork.
- Toss to coat and marinade for at least 20 minutes for marinade to be absorbed by pork.
- For sauce:.
- In jar with lid, mix all ingredients and set aside.
- For stir fry:.
- Heat 1 tablespoons of vegetable oil in heavy skillet or wok over MED-HI heat.
- Add onions, carrots and broccoli.
- Saute to soften, slightly--about 5 minutes.
- Add sauce and toss to blend.
- Cook until sauce in slightly thickened.
- Add pork--with absorbed marinade. (If not all absorbed, add all.).
- Saute about 5 minutes to heat stir fry completely.
- Serve over rice, sprinkled with sesame seeds.