1/1 Photo of Asian Pork Tenderloin With Spicy Asian Cole Slaw
1 hr 5 mins
Chef PotPie's Note:
I just saw this in Cuisine at Home magazine that I subscribe to, and it looked so good I just had to try it, and it was wonderful! Family loved it, even the picky daughter said she liked the cabbage. Now there's a good vote! The recipe calls for 2- 1 to 1 1/2 pound tenderloins...I used a 2.13 pound loin roast, (in one piece), and only adjusted the cooking time by 10 minutes. I wanted a starch to go with this meal, so I cooked up a package of Tap Ramen with the water and flavor packet, then let the water absorb into the noodles. This was a great meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE PORK LOIN
- 2 (1 -1 1/2 lb) pork tenderloin, trimmed of all silverskin and excess fat
- 2 tablespoons Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/3 cup chinese plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- fresh chives (for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon chinese plum sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 cups green cabbage, cubed
- 1 cup red bell pepper, julienned
- 2/3 cup carrot, julienned
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1FOR THE TENDERLOIN:.
- 2Preheat oven to 400*F.
- 3Combine Five-Spice, salt and pepper, and rub over tenderloins.
- 4Heat oil in oven-proof saute pan over medium-high; sear pork on all sides, 5-8 minutes.
- 5Transfer pan to oven and roast 20 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 140*F.
- 6Remove pork from pan and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- 7FOR THE SLAW:.
- 8Whisk first 6 ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- 9In oil, saute cabbage, bell pepper, carrot and ginger in skillet on high heat.
- 10After 1 minute, add salt. (The salt flavors the vegetables, but also draws moisture from the cabbage, helping it to wilt faster. This was quite fast and dramatic.).
- 11Continue to saute for 2 minutes or until cabbage begins to wilt.
- 12Stir in reserved sauce and cook 1 minute until slightly thickened.
- 13Place slaw on platter, slice pork and lay over top of slaw, and serve with a dollpop of pan sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Pork Tenderloin With Spicy Asian Cole Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (485 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.5
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 147.4 mg
- Sodium 2562.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 22.6 g
- Protein 49.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder