Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This SCRUMPTIOUS pork recipe is great anytime. One that is sure to please! Cooking time does not include marinating time.
- 3 lbs pork tenderloin
- 5 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese chili sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- Trim fat from pork, and remove membrane on tenderloins using sharp knife.
- Cut meat into 6x1 1/2" chunks to facilitate marinating.
- Blend all ingredients to prepare marinade (may be refrigerated for later use) about 1 1/4 cup marinade in plastic bag or sealed container for 4-6 hrs., or overnight.
- Remove pork from marinade (reserve for basting) and arrange on single layer on rack over foil lined pan.
- Bake uncovered in a 350°F oven, for 30 minutes.
- Turn, and bake for additional 30-45 mins., brushing occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Cut in thin slices, and serve hot or cold.
Absolutely gorgeous!!! The flavour what can I say wonderful, yum, outstanding. We loved this recipe it was just so good and a definite keeper. I cut back on the cooking time, only as I was cooking a smaller pork loin in weight, only enough to serve 3 and with basting it turned out so tender and full of flavour. I boiled the left over marinade and any juices from the pan and served it as extra sauce on the side, all those flavours together were so good and I wasn't about to waste it. Especially as I served it over vegetable fried rice so it gave a nice sauce to add to that. An absolute winner and one that will frequent our table often. The only thing I did differently was to slice the pork thickly, my preference, so basically nothing. Huge thumbs up!!!!