Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe in a healthy Eating Cookbook. Easy to make and delicious.
Make and share this Asian Pork Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon szechuan peppercorns, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon anise seed
- 2 lbs pork fillets, cubed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons chili bean paste
- 9 ounces chinese broccoli or 9 ounces asparagus, cut into 4 cm lengths
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan over high heat. Add the ginger, Sichuan pepper and anise seed and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Stir in pork to coat.
- Add the stock, soy sauce and 1 cup of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes, or until the pork is tender. Combine the cornstarch with 2 tbsp of cooking liquid. Stir until smooth. Add to the pan and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, or until mixture thickens slightly.
- Stir in bean paste and Chinese Broccoli and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until the broccoli is just tender.
- Excellent with Jasmine rice.