Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro's recipe from his new book, "Family Celebrations with the Cake Boss".
For the sliders
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 8 slider buns (or mini potato rolls)
Tri-Color Asian Slaw
- 6 cups coleslaw mix with carrots (14 ounce bag)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (not bottled)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded if desired, then thinly sliced (can sub a squirt of Sriracha)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly torn
- Make the Tri-Color Asian Slaw: Put all ingredients in a bowl and toss well. Let the slaw sit at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Make the sliders: Preheat a grill to medium heat.
- Put the pork, soy sauce, red onion, and ginger in a large bowl and stir together to incorporate. Form 8 patties, using 3 to 4 tablespoons of pork mixture in each one and shaping them 1/2-inch thick. Be sure not to overwork or overhandle the mixture.
- Grill the burgers over direct heat, turning once, until fully cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Toward the end of the sliders' grilling time, grill the buns: Slice them in half if necessary, then grill the cut sides until lightly marked and lightly toasted, about 1 minute.
- Let the sliders rest on a platter or cutting board for 5 minutes after grilling, then set 1 slider in each bun and top with Tri-Color Asian Slaw. Serve.