Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 8 hrs
Cook 20 mins
- 2 pork tenderloin, trimmed (about 2 pounds)
- vegetable oil, for oiling grill
Spicy Hoisin Marinade
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, white and green parts,thinly sliced,plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried chilies or 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 orange, zest of
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves
- 1 bunch scallion, white and light green parts only,thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 cup julienned carrot
- 2 red bell peppers, seeds and ribs removed,julienned
- 1⁄4 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Marinade: Mix all ingredients together in a nonreactive bowl.
- Ginger Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, sugar, and chile pepper.
- Store, refrigerated, in an airtight container, for up to 3 days.
- Arrange pork loins in a non-reactive dish with spicy hoisin marinade.
- Cover and marinate, turning occasionally, refrigerated, for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Allow pork to return to room temperature before cooking, about 30 minutes.
- Remove pork from marinade, reserving 1/2 cup.
- Oil grill.
- Grill pork, turning and occasionally brushing with marinade, until pork is cooked medium rare, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from grill, and allow meat to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- In a large bowl combine cilantro, mint, scallions, sprouts, carrots, and peppers.
- Add ginger dressing, and toss to combine.
- Slice pork crosswise 1/4-inch-thick.
- Arrange pork and salad on a platter.
- Garnish with roasted peanuts.
This was excellent, so good we are having it again tonight and it will be a regular. Both the marinade and salad dressing were superb with a lovely spicy taste. I did substitute the brown sugar for a tablespoon of organic honey in the marinade.