This makes for a delicious Sunday dinner. I serve it with rice (sometimes mashed potatoes, though) and broccoli.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 boneless pork loin, 5 to 6 pounds
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup soya sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced,or
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1You'll need 2 heavy-duty large plastic bags; place one inside the other, then place roast inside inner bag.
- 2In bowl, combine all other roast ingredients and mix well; pour over the roast in the bag.
- 3Press out any air, tie it up with a twist-tie or elastic band, and place in a large bowl and stash in your fridge.
- 4Marinate for about 6 hours, occasionally squishing bag to make sure all the meat gets contact with the marinade; you can get away with 3 to 4 hours though.
- 5Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- 6Remove roast from bag, discarding marinade.
- 7Place roast on a rack in a roasting pan and roast until pork reaches internal temp of 170F (75C) and juice is no longer pink-- about 3 hours.
- 8Let stand for about 15 minutes before carving to allow juices to settle back into meat.
- 9To make the sauce, combine all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until jelly melts.
- 10Stir well and serve with pork.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Pork Roast
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 765.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless pork loin